Add Reply
New Poll

Dangerous Woman, Tag You Know Who
Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 12:10 PM
Played by Monii · Twenty-Three years · Male · Heterosexual
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all
Sitting in his room with a book in hand, SeoJun bit down on a piece of roll as he scanned slowly across the paper. His friend and body guard stood in the background watching him silently. Feeling his gaze, the young man drawled softly, "Stop staring or you might burn a hole through me." His friend coughed and answered, "Sorry, but it seems like you're reading the same line over and over. Is something the matter?"

SeoJun sighed a little before closing the book in his hand. Turning towards his friend, he tossed him a roll before saying, "Yeah, it's what father had told me earlier. I'm supposed to get a new slave today. A slave that is supposed to be with me like all the time!" He flung the book onto the pile next to him and stood up. Pacing in front of is friend, SeoJun continued to rant, "Seriously, I don't need a new slave. It's just going to put on more work for you. Having to keep both of us safe."

HIs friend let out a soft laugh and murmured, "Seo, stop. It's not like I'm actually guarding you. You take care of yourself pretty well. I'm just your backup in case you really do need help. It won't be too much more work. Just think of it as me taking care of the new slave then." SeoJun gave his friend a glare and said, "Hey who's side are you on? Do you think that getting this new slave is actually a good thing?" His friend shrugged his shoulders. "I'm on the side that might make you more safe. Having a personal slave will allow you to keep track of their whereabouts and make sure that they won't do anything to you." The young man shook his head incredulously at his friend. Good grief.
Posted on: Feb 20 2018, 09:26 PM
Played by Kayo · 24 years · Female · Heterosexual
A new day, a new role, and a new target. It was a lot to process, but the whole of it was carefully absorbed into the recesses of Chae's mind. Nothing else mattered, and success was the only thing that lay at the end of the tunnel. A prince was a high title, and the assassin ought to be honoured she'd been chosen for the job, but she knew it was because the favourite was still away on her current job. Chae hated being the second choice. She'd accumulated more kills than she cared to count, and she no longer needed to be told what to do. If only the Master could see this. Maybe, just maybe, however, if she pulled this job off without a hitch then she'd fully earn the Master's respect. Regardless, the target was going to be assassinated, for she did not plan on earning another scar upon her back. Each scar, representing failed jobs, reminded her of just why the other assassin was the favourite and made her all the more determined to work harder.

In what had seemed to be a miraculous lining of the stars, Chae had been secured a position within the palace, and furthermore as her target's personal slave of sorts. The palace really ought to improve its security if it let an assassin right up to the top ranks so easily. But she thrived off of others' ignorance, and so it definitely wasn't a point of complaint for her. Being so close to the prince had both its perks and disadvantages, and Chae had taken the time to carefully consider both. On the one hand, she had easy, unlimited access to the prince, but on the other hand, the prince had more opportunity to become suspicious of her specifically, and when his death was discovered, she'd probably be the first to blame. A quick and efficient escape would be crucial in this case. She'd need to slip away before anyone found out and return to the Master to collect both her praise and the hefty sum he'd been paid to have the prince killed.

She'd debated what kind of persona she should adopt, but decided that could not be established until she had met the prince for herself. Each target was different, requiring unique sets of tactics and strategies, and Chae just needed to adapt. It didn't help that this job was going to require more patience than usual. The woman liked when business was quick and concise, even though she could appreciate a good game of cat and mouse. She supposed she preferred quick assassinations because there was less opportunity for error or for things to go awry, but also because she took no pleasure in killing. She was largely desensitized to the act, but it did not fill her with any particular sensation. She'd been trained to do this, and the prince would just be another dead body on the floor.

On the matter of meeting the prince, Chae remained composed as a guard led her through the hallways, on their way to the prince's quarters. She tried to soften her features a little, for most slaves around here looked quite meek. Chae drew comfort from the cold press of metal against her thighs beneath the rough fabric of her skirts. Her daggers followed her everywhere; a lifeline and her best partner in crime. While she preferred using her daggers for executions, she did realize a job of this complexity might necessitate poison rather than physical brutality.

The guard ushered her into a room, where two men were currently situated. From their clothing alone, Chae could tell one was the prince, and the other another guard. She only had eyes for the prince, however. Her gaze was calm and unreadable as she got a proper look at him. He was not young, but he was not old either. This was the man whose every whim she'd be obeying. Who she'd be spending her days with while silently trying to scheme. She'd been thoroughly advised against conversing with the prince given her lowly position, and the overseer of palace servants had reiterated many times that it was always to be a one-sided interaction. The prince acted, the prince spoke, and she obeyed. That was what slaves did. Although abiding by those rules made it very difficult to assassinate the man, now didn't it?

The guard turned on his heels, leaving her in the room with the other two. Chae gently bent at the waist. "Your Highness," she greeted before straightening once more. Hands linked at her front, the woman continued her scan of the man, figuring it was probably quite normal for a slave not to look a royal in the eyes even if Chae would love nothing more than to stare straight at him and see if it unnerved him.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 21 2018, 10:37 AM
"Alright, I do supposed you have a point." SeoJun reluctantly agreed, "But what if the person my father sent to serve me turns about to be one of those old ajummas again? How would I survive? The would just cluck and fuss over me like a baby. For heaven's sake, I'm a grown man. I'm not a child any more." He let out a moan at the end while his friend laughed at his prince's antics. "Calm yourself Seo. You had no problem driving off your last few servants. Why would this one be a problem?" His friend gave him a small smirk before adding, "But I have heard rumors that this one is younger and quite beautiful. Perhaps you can win her over?" He wagged his eyebrows at SeoJun, who threw a small pillow at his head.

"Shut up you fool. How could I? Servants are servants. There is no need to get into any relationships with any of them." The prince chided but sobered up at the look his friend gave him when he spoke quietly. "Am I not your servant as well, your highness?" A small pang of regret hit SeoJun in the heart before he sighed and said, "Yes you are right. Do forgive me, my friend. I was careless with my words. You are right. You are not only my guard and servant, but my best friend as well." He gave his friend an apologetic smile before straightening up as a guard walked in announced the new servant's presence. Turning to the door, both men watched the woman come in.

The rumors were right. The newcomer was indeed young and beautiful, putting SeoJun at ease a little. But he did have his fair share of these kinds of people, and knew that some of them can be quite devious. Also there was something about her that made him a little nervous. Although she was acting like a servant, he felt that she had more spine than a regular one. There was no quiver in her voice when she greeted him, unlike those other servants around the palace, especially the ones that served his sister. Nonetheless, he gave her a smile and then did something that normal royals wouldn't do. "Stop your scanning, i have nothing to hide. Look directly at me and call me by name. After all you are going to be working for me now and those who work for me, are considered equals in my eyes." His friend sighed at his eccentric view. "Seo..."
Posted on: Feb 21 2018, 05:22 PM
Some people were very easy to read upon first sight. They were like open books just waiting to be filtered through, and not always by the best people. The prince, while he had a kind face, didn't make his demeanour immediately obvious. That was fine; she had an almost infinite amount of time to figure the man out. One thing she could tell from looking at him, however, was that he was of a similar age to her. Surely they couldn't be more than a few years apart. Chae had been grateful the prince wasn't a child; she wasn't the most adept with the young ones. The prince's age also opened a few added possibilities to reaching her end goal of assassinating him. But now was not the time to be mulling them over; the true purpose of this meeting was to size him up, and perhaps eventually she'd know what made him tick. No information was useless information, carefully tucked away in case it may be of aid.

The prince was quick to correct her behaviour to his liking, and Chae easily lifted her eyes to meet his gaze unwaveringly. There was no intensity within her eyes, just a simple curiosity that surely wouldn't trigger any suspicion. It was an innocent yet calm expression. The prince may not have anything to hide, but she certainly did. She had everything to hide. It was just part of the job description. "As you wish, SeoJun," she replied with a light bow of her head. "Anything the prince wants." Equals, was it? Not a view shared by many royals, that much Chae could say, but this added an interesting new dimension to their working relationship. The prince seemed to put a lot of immediate trust in those near him, and so if she was to be his equal, it wouldn't be so uncharacteristic to hold her ground and remain a stoic presence. The shyness act was one she'd had to put on before, but over an extended period of time, it got exhausting.

Hearing the other male speak up, Chae cast him a glance. He'd referred to the prince by name. This must be a personal guard then. Delightful. "This man watches over you, I gather? Always standing guard over your quarters to keep you from harm?" She turned to face the other. It was not in her best interest to make an enemy out of the guard; he was already making her life more difficult as it was. "If we're to be equals, then... I am Chae" she introduced herself calmly. Her head turned to look at the prince. "Eunchae" she repeated her name in full. She let herself grow quiet for a moment before bowing her head to the prince. "Is there anything you wish me to do, SeoJun? I am now yours."

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 22 2018, 10:48 AM
Watching the young woman, SeoJun quickly tried to take in as much outward information about her as possible. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw his friend inching towards him. Something must be bothering him, if he felt the need to be closer. He never did it unless he felt a threat somewhere. Was the woman a threat to him? When the woman raised her head to face him straight on, he nodded his head in approval. "Good, very good. At least you can take orders easily." But then a troubled look came across his face when she added the last part. Anything he wants? Is there anything he wanted from her? No not really at the moment. After all he was still pretty much against having a slave with him, all the time. Having his friend and guard was good enough.

As the woman slid her attention towards his friend, SeoJun nodded his head. "Yes he does. He's my personal guard and he rarely leaves my side. I actually have to force him to, once in a while." He added in a joking tone before he sobered back up, seeing the look on his friend's face. When the woman introduced herself to the both of them as Eunchae, SeoJun smiled and repeated back softly, "Chae... Eunchae. Pretty name, for a pretty face." A cough from his friend brought him back to the present. "Uh, something for you to do at the moment? No not really. But I supposed if you really must have something to do, go and dust around the room or something. I have some more reading I have to finish before I have training later."

With that said, SeoJun sat back down and picked up the book he had been reading. Flipping it open, he started to pretend to read it. But in truth he wanted to watch and survey his new slave. He had to figure out some sort of a plan to get rid of her as well. There really wasn't a need for her to stay with him, if there were literally hundreds of slaves and servants waiting on him constantly. He glanced over at his friend and saw that he looked a little stoney in the face. "What's wrong?" He asked him softly. "Nothing, Seo. It's nothing. Go back to your studying." His friend said quickly in a smooth tone. However in the other man's head, he knew something was off about this woman. He had recognized her from somewhere, but couldn't put a finger on it just yet. So at the time being, there wasn't much use worrying his prince. He would just have to keep an eye on both of them.
Posted on: Feb 22 2018, 08:33 PM
Chae watched the guard shift closer to the prince. He sensed a threat; he deemed her a threat. She had a feeling this guard was going to be harder to win over than the prince himself. While that was an added thorn in her side, she had to commend him for doing his job quite well. But she would need to quell any of that suspicion or uneasiness. Acting meek wasn't an option now because she obviously wasn't someone who would naturally reduce to a stammering mess curled in on herself. Technically that last part was true, as Chae kept to herself, and everything about herself remained firmly tucked behind the solid stone walls she'd built over the years. But no, she would simply need to appear friendly, innocent, and be as helpful as she could manage. Gaining the prince's full favour might help to win over the guard, she thought, given how close the two seemed.

So the guard rarely left him. Hm. "As a good guard should" she said with a nod. "You two seem to have a good relationship. I hope not to be too big of a burden upon your charge," she addressed the guard now with sincerity. As a servant, should she lay on the compliments? Perhaps another time. "I tend to keep to myself unless ordered to do something, so I shouldn't be in the way too much" she added. The irony was that the man would probably make for a worthy opponent in combat. She remained convinced she could win said combat, but hopefully she would never have to engage in such a thing with the guard. An assassin did things quietly. Discreetly. Without a big show or conflict. However, should things go wrong and it came to that, she'd be ready. Her daggers were always within reach, and her years of training would not go to waste.

Her gaze returned to the prince as he tried her name out. A small smile graced her features at his comment. Receiving compliments was always promising. "Thank you, SeoJun. But I assure you there are prettier faces within the serving staff" The humbleness wasn't entirely false. Chae had used her looks to seduce men when necessary, but it was done in a very calculated, almost robotic fashion. She was not vain, and should he see the mess that was her back, and the even greater mess that was her past decade of existence, he might not be claiming her face was so pretty after all. The prince commanded her to dust, and so with another bow, she made her temporary leave of the room.

Chae returned a moment later with a cloth and duster in hand, ready to set about the very mundane task. She started at the far corner of the room, dusting off a small table with a few items upon it. She could imagine a slave might easily try stealing something, but the only thing she was here to steal was a life. She moved to the wall, dusting a few scrolls, and reaching up on her toes to dust an interesting-looking painting of sorts hanging there. She could feel eyes watching her, but carried on as if nothing were. Coming back down and crouching to reach beneath the previously mentioned table, Chae even began to hum. A vague tune she might have once played on her gayageum. As mundane as the task was, Chae made sure to do it thoroughly. A perfectionist, she did not do anything with minimal effort, even if it was just a matter of gaining someone's trust for being a particularly good and efficient servant.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 10:34 AM
The prince's guard shrugged his shoulders as the woman spoke to him. "Of course we have a good relationship. The prince is my life. He saved me when we were both young. I am in his debt forever. As for you, you aren't too big of a burden." He said stoically, an unreadable expression on his face. "Seo can take care of himself perfectly. I'm just here as backup incase some threats do come in." He gave her a silent nod of his head before focusing back onto his prince. SeoJun listened to the conversation between his friend and his new servant/slave. As cordial it seemed, he could hear a bit of an underlying tension. Strange... Pushing away the unsettling thought, the prince turned back to Eunchae.

Letting out a soft laugh at Eunchae's comment about having other prettier faces in the place, SeoJun gave the woman another smile and murmured, "Say what you want then. But I only say the truth and nothing else. Every other pretty faces here are either too young or too tasteless for me to even bother with." His smile slipped away and he added, "Chatty and worrisome. The maids of my sisters give me enough headaches to last a lifetime." Turning away, he stared out of his window. Behind him, his friend moved to cover his back. The prince listened as his door slid open and closed when Eunchae left to gather supplies to complete his order.

SeoJun frowned slightly at his friend's dismissing words. Something was up, but his friend was hiding it as usual. Perhaps he didn't want to talk about it, since there was someone else in the room. He silently grumped a little in frustration. After reading a few more pages, he realized that he couldn't focus any better than he previously did. Heaving a sigh, he got up to his feet and turned towards Eunchae, watching her dust before saying, "Tell me a little about yourself, Eunchae. I can't seemed to concentrate when you are in the room and it bother's me to not understand why." Looking around the room, he could see that she had done a great job so far and his room was less dusty than before.
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 12:02 PM
Chae lightly raised a brow. The prince had saved the guard's life? An unusual reversal of roles, but she supposed he hadn't exactly been a guard back then. So the two of them had been friends since childhood, and he'd come into this position already having a good relationship with the royal. Looked like she really would have to work for it. The guard seemed to be the honourable type, and she could definitely envision him taking up the guard position after the incident, wishing to repay the prince with a lifetime of service. Admirable, even, to be so dedicated to a given cause. The only thing Chae was dedicated to was her blades and the Master. "Well I'm glad to hear it. I suppose he must be capable enough if he once saved you" she reasoned. Socializing hadn't been her greatest of strengths, but the more jobs she went out on, she saw the necessity of it, and through practice had improved. At least when playing a persona. Back at the Master's village, her interactions with others were limited to respectful head nods, combat practice against some of them, and the strategy board games she'd play with Dragonfly to keep her mind active.

The prince carried on his flattery, and though it was something offered to her by several when she went out on jobs, the prince sounded more sincere than the rest of them. If he liked her face so much, then perhaps he'd enjoy seeing it around all the time and they'd be on good, close terms in no time. Befriending the prince seemed to be a requirement here, but he seemed the type to befriend anyone who wasn't intimidated by his title. And Chae certainly was not. She would not be here if she was. "And I'm worth bothering with?" she said in response. "If you flatter all your servants like this, I have wonder as to why I was needed at all here. But thank you" she added casually. As SeoJun spoke of his sister's maids, Chae could see it. She'd grown up in a village with others; no servants, but things could get hectic. She imagined it was the same here, just more luxurious and privileged. "I can assure you I won't strike up conversation or worry unless you ask me to, SeoJun" Any good servant always waited upon the instruction of their master. The prince seemed content enough to be speaking to her at the moment.

Chae moved along the wall to a chair, dusting off the great wooden back of it before shifting down to wipe at the seat, and eventually the legs. From the side, she heard the prince, who clearly had had a very short studying session indeed. Couldn't concentrate? Perhaps it was the humming, or perhaps it was something else entirely. Regardless, as his servant, she was to humour him and divulge her "past". "I'm afraid there isn't terribly much to say," she said, eyes still focused on the task at hand as her arm moved back and forth. "I was born into a family of relatively low status. My father carved toys for the children within the neighbourhood, and my mother sold items she weaved in the marketplace. A minimal upbringing, I had, but my parents made sure I was educated to the best of their abilities. I'm grateful for that. My parents hoped to marry me off to local boy, but it was a far-off dream. Both of them passed from illness when I was growing into womanhood, my mother before my father. To keep afloat, I sought work as a slave of sorts for richer families, traveling from place to place to seek temporary work in different households. And now here I am," she said, pausing her dusting for a moment to glance up at the prince. There were minuscule bits of truth within the overall lie, but it flowed out as easily if Chae were recounting the weather. Stories and lies were part of any job of long duration. It was part of the ruse, and she never even thought twice about it anymore. "I believe I've been disciplined enough to firmly wish not to displease you and earn punishment, SeoJun. Although any punishment I receive will be well-deserved, I trust" She nodded before setting back to work. She rose up to her feet, straightening out her dress. "Does that alleviate your troubles, SeoJun?" she asked before moving over to the sleeping area.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 25 2018, 02:37 PM
The guard nodded his head when Eunchae concluded that SeoJun was capable enough to be able to save him. "Oh yes, Seo is more than capable enough. He has bested the General himself, who taught him his skills." He knew he was boasting about his prince now, but the young man wanted to let this woman know that SeoJun wasn't an easy target. The prince himself coughed a little, slightly embarrassed in where this conversation was going. "Alright, you can stop boasting about me now. I"m really not that great. Yi is still better than me by tenfolds." Thought he was happy that his friend thought so highly of him.

When the table was turned against him, SeoJun stared blankly at Eunchae for a second before letting out a laugh. "You are an interesting woman, so of course it wouldn't bother me talking with you. Most women would get angry with my comment and probably throw something at me. But you didn't. Instead you just calmly countered my statement with a question of your own. I like that." Shrugging his shoulders, the prince replied swiftly, "I don't flatter all my servants, just the more important ones. Like Mr. Grumpy here." He gently nudged his friend who swatted his hand away. "Keep your hands to yourself, Seo." His friend said in a warm amicable tone.

Hearing Eunchae say that she wouldn't strike up a conversation unless being told to,
SeoJun automatically balked the idea. "Oh no, please I do like talking with people. Life is so boring here, being stuck in the palace all the time. I need more people to talk to. Most of my servants either just oggle at me, or fuss over me like a child." Watching her movements, the prince listened to the woman talk with rapid attention, hoping to catch something that might be good to use as animo. As she talked, SeoJun nodded his head a little. "I see. Life in the villages is really different than here at the palace. Well, since you are in my care now, I'll be sure to treat you right. As for punishments, I don't give them out lightly. Those who deserve them will know right away without me even saying anything. You have to have done something really grave to earn them from me."

At her question about her alleviating his trouble, SeoJun smirked and said, "Oh not at all. In fact it had made it worse. Your little story made me want to know more about you." His friend let out a noise that sounded like a groan or was it disgust? That caused the prince to turned towards him and gave him a questioning look. "What ails you now? You have been acting strange since Eunchae got here. Is there something you wish to tell me? I could send her away if need be." Whatever was making his friend like this was also adding to his unease. What could he be hiding? The guard made a slight face at his friend's question, but kept his mouth shut. He had no proof to be blabbing about anything at the moment.

Posted on: Feb 25 2018, 10:04 PM
Chae let herself absorb the guard's words. It wasn't terribly out of the ordinary for male royalty to be trained in combat. Some princes went on to lead military, dispatched to unite the nation or fend off attacking forces, but some princes merely stayed within the palace, skills purely for recreational use. This prince seemed to belong to the latter category. Perhaps he'd make a decent opponent too, along with that guard of his. Chae suddenly found herself itching to have a practice with him, to see just how skilled he was against her own years of training, but not only was it highly odd for a servant to challenge a royal to combat, but it even more bizarre that said servant would be really, really good at it. 'I don't doubt your abilities, especially if your own guard claims it. Might I be able to observe when you practice? In my village, I remember seeing young men train; those hoping to become men of the military. It's rather fascinating to watch" And her tone didn't imply it in a perverse way. She knew women tended to watch the men train and fight because it got them a little bothered. All Chae wanted was to get the measure of his ability, painful as it would be to simply observe, unable to join.

Note to self: keep a casual push and pull in conversation. It seemed to be a good thing she wasn't the average meek, stumbling servant. If the prince wanted interplay, then it was what she'd give him. "If I threw something at you, I'd imagine it wouldn't take very long for me to get escorted out of the palace, having to search for a new position" she stated. And that was precisely what she didn't want happening, although not for throwing a scroll or trinket at the prince's head. SeoJun thought she was an interesting woman, but he honestly had no idea, and she didn't think 'interesting' was quite the right word.

Chae most certainly did not ogle. She observed, carefully drawing as much information as she could from a sight or scene. It required a fair amount of focus, but she had yet to encounter very much that could throw her off. "I suppose it would be most convenient of me to speak, if I'm to be assisting you every day" she agreed with her same small smile. "Have you always been confined to the palace? Or is this merely a consequence of current events?" she asked curiously. She'd always imagined palace life to be quite sheltered. "A shame, not getting to roam freely" she added before switching the duster over to the other hand to reach behind the chair.

The prince's choice of words was curious. In his care? Last she'd checked, she was here to tend to the prince, not the other way around. Do everything that would result in the prince only having to make a minimal effort, and tend to absolutely anything that would tear the prince away from doing what he wished to be doing at the moment. The level of these tasks would just depend on how dependant or lazy this prince was. And when she wasn't needed, she'd return to her quarters. It was unlikely that she'd be permitted to freely wander the palace, and so her location could only vary between her bed and wherever the prince happened to be. "That is reassuring, SeoJun" she said with a bow of her head. Murder was awfully grave, she thought, but after the fact, it would not be SeoJun's lifeless body that would be punishing her. Or trying to, anyway. The man was showing himself to be a decent soul, and it was a bit of a pity she'd eventually need to extinguish the light in those bright eyes of his. But an order was an order, and a job was a job. Chae very commonly exterminated the absolute scum of the earth; men who had done a many horrible thing and for whom not many would cry and mourn. It was a shame when she had to take out more decent folk. SeoJun here simply had a target on his head because of the title he'd been born into.

Chae's eyes flickered down to the prince's smirk before meeting his eyes again. "I'm certain there will be an ample amount of time for that during my stay here" she replied. "I've only just arrived" she pointed out. "Although if you are more of the impatient kind, I can cater to that need as well." She didn't fail to note the guard's reaction. She wondered if their interactions might eventually be enough to get the guard to just stand outside, too bothered or annoyed by the prince's behaviour. But he likely wasn't that easy. Something told her the guard was harder to displace than a mountain. As the prince's attention turned to the other man, Chae clasped her hands at her front, watching on. "Shall I give the both of you some privacy?"

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 26 2018, 11:19 AM
"Fascinating to watch? It sounds like you have done that many times." The guard said in a blunt manner, "Perhaps you might have participated in it yourself?" He had caught something in her eyes, a glimmer of excitement or something of that sort during his explanation. Could it be that this servant knew how to fight in combat as well? He turned to face his prince who had a thoughtful look in his eyes. Shrugging his shoulders, he mused, "I don't suppose it would hurt to let you come and watch. Who knows, if you are a fast learner, you might pick up a skill or two and would be able to defend yourself in times of need. Perhaps you might be able to defend me as well. Not that that is part of your job or anything. It's his job to do so as well as mine." His friend gave him another exasperated look but said nothing.

A glimmer of hope entered SeoJun's eyes when he heard what Eunchae had said about being dismissed for throwing things at him. Humm, that was indeed a way to get rid of her. How could he have forgotten about that? But she seemed to be rather in control of herself. Getting her really mad would be challenge, unlike his previous servants. A small sulky pout appeared on his face without him knowing as the latter thought popped into his mind. Compose yourself, Seo." He heard his friend mutter underneath his breath to him. SeoJun blinked before realizing what he was doing. Heaving a sigh, he waved his hand in dismissal and said, "Perhaps you are right. Probably that's why so many servants have been gone lately." He let out a merry laugh before switching gears to another topic.

"Most convenient indeed." SeoJun agreed with a bright smile before it dropped off his face, morphing into a scowl. "I've been given more rights before. But as of lately due to... ongoing things I'm being forced to stay indoors or at least around the palace more." Rolling his eyes, the prince gave Eunchae a sudden devious smirk and said, "Well, that reminds me, a impromptu leave of the place is needed soon." He shared a smile with his guard who then promptly rolled his eyes at his friend's behavior. It would be most likely, him following SeoJun to make sure that he got back to the palace in one piece without causing too much trouble for other people, if not himself.

Giving Eunchae a shrug of his shoulders, SeoJun looked around his room, unconcerned about what as going on in his servant's mind. It was already looking so much better than it had been previously. Goodness, this new person certainly worked fast. Darn, he couldn't get rid of her by giving her large amounts of work could he? His previous servant had quit due to the huge amount of junk he had left purposely around. The time before that was when he cleaned up everything before the lazy servant had time to do anything. She got fired within a week. Shuffling about, he absently stacked random things into random piles.

SeoJun didn't fail to see Eunchae's eyes flicker to his smirk which grew wider. "You're right about that. I'll be looking forwards to getting to know you better then." He said with a casual wink. He didn't get much reaction out of Eunchae with his flirting (subtle or not), which made him want to do it more. It was entertaining to say the least. He could do with more entertainment in his life, but he had to be careful with his actions. He didn't want to push her into doing anything violent. He felt that she could actually do some damage to him if she tried. His gaze flickered back onto Eunchae when she suggested in giving the two of them some privacy.

The prince just shook his head and said, "That wouldn't be necessary. Since I'm sure he wouldn't say anything if he didn't want to say it. I'm also not the type of person to force anyone into do anything." Turning back to his friend, he murmured, "Tell me when you are ready." The guard nodded his head. Just then another servant called from outside, "Your Highness, General Yi sends a message telling you that he is looking for you. It is time for your training." A relieved look appeared on SeoJun's face and he said to the two occupants in the room, "Shall we?"
Posted on: Feb 26 2018, 10:52 PM
Chae turned her head to look at the guard who addressed her now. He might have been asking from curiosity, but there was nothing inquisitive about his tone. He was jumping to conclusions, and wished to extract something from her. She did not break so easily. "I would observe them whenever they happened to train near my home. I'd be sitting outside, playing my gayageum; one of the nicer things my parents managed to get me. But participated? No. My parents were having none of that, and I'm sure the men did not wish for a woman in their midst while they practiced" she replied. "I'm not sure I could have kept up anyhow, although it might have been entertaining to try" Chae did take some pride when she managed to defeat a fellow male assassin, but her satisfaction was greater when she bested the other female assassin; her greatest competition of all through all these years. It didn't happen very often, but Chae had not lost faith that one day she'd grow better than the other and gain the Master's favour.

SeoJun had a slightly different take on the matter. Chae didn't know how often she'd get to observe him fight, so she made note to make the most of it when it did happen. Oddly enough, the prince proposed she might even learn something. "Reaching your skill level would take many years of practice, I'd imagine. Not something I can learn from sight alone, although I consider myself a fast learner" She certainly hadn't been a fast learner when the Master had first recruited her. Fifteen, stubborn, and rather lost, she'd had no other choice, and the Master had had to brutally condition her over an extended period of time before she began to improve. Once she'd been fuelled by her need to match the other girl's abilities to avoid added punishment, her progress had been much more rapid. "But that doesn't bother you? Having a woman defend you? I know most men from my village would find it horribly emasculating" The corner of her lips twitched upwards. The prince certainly wasn't your ordinary commoner, in more ways than one.

SeoJun's laugh spurred her on to playfully shoot back, "Driven them all to try hitting you, have you? Can't imagine what you did to push them right off the edge." No, she really couldn't imagine it. The prince was strangely pleasant, and it was a wonder he'd flown through so many servants, but perhaps there was a side of him she had yet to encounter. Did the man have a short temper, perhaps? Only time would tell.

Chae nodded in acknowledgement. It would make sense that the prince was under heavier guard these days. Theoretically speaking, at least. It might be so if he didn't have an assassin by his side. "I'm certain that will be refreshing. The open air works wonders on the morale and the body" she said. Presumably she'd be charged with a task before his departure, expected to be completed before he returned. It might give her time to think. If they were to be out for very long, she could potentially retreat to her quarters and give her daggers a quick sharpening. She thought best when her hands were busy, and even more so when she could feel the weight of the metal in her palm.

The prince had very blatantly winked at her. Flirting was such a peculiar thing. Men and women alike did it, and she'd so often watched on as it happened. She'd had to engage in it for the sake of luring targets before, but the actual science of it was still rather foreign to her. She did it so easily because it was practiced, rehearsed, embedded in mind. Not because it was her natural reaction to another human being. Love, in any and all of its forms, was perhaps one of the worst weaknesses to have in her profession. There was a reason most assassins in the Master's village were celibate, other than the fact that the village only had a few select inhabitants. There had been the exception of Dragonfly, who chose a fellow assassin as his partner, although she was long deceased now, and the old man just spent his days hobbling around the village, delivering the herbal healing mixtures he'd ground up that morning. She did acknowledge she might eventually need to seduce the prince (not that he seemed to really need an extra push with that) should this drag on for too long, but for the moment, she was simply focused on gaining his favour....and his guard's. SeoJun declined her offer to leave the room, and before much else could be said, another servant appeared. Awfully convenient timing, if she did say so herself. She wouldn't decline the immediate opportunity to observe his training. Now was as good a time as any. "Lead the way" she replied, bowing lightly.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
Posted on: Feb 28 2018, 10:51 AM
When Eunchae answered his question with a rather perfect anecdote, the guard felt a tinge of disappointment though it didn't show on his face. Either it was true, or she was just really good at making up stories. However by his side, SeoJun merely nodded his head at her words before his eyes lit up at the new information that he had been given. "You know how to play the gayageum? Would you play it for me some day? I would love to listen. I myself know how to play the danso." The guard gave his friend a sideways look. He was always amazed at how his prince could always find some way to turn a weird situation into a new direction and insert himself into every conversation.

Hearing her words, SeoJun gave her a smirk before shrugging his shoulders. "Thank you, but it took me years to perfect it myself. Yi was rather hard on me and still is to this day. He wants me to be perfect in every aspect. Tiring really, more than anything else." Shaking his head, he calmly explained himself to Eunchae's other question about wanting women to know how to protect themselves. "I'm sure you're correct in your words about how other men feel. But as for me, not really. I would rather make sure the woman that I love would be able to protect and defend herself just in case I'm not around or won't get there in time to defend them or myself." At SeoJun's words, the guard although didn't show any emotions on his face, a sad look entered his eyes. Ah how it pained him to know that.

"That is for me to know and for you to never find out... hopefully." SeoJun teased right back, a bright and happy light was in his eyes. He had never had this kind of fun conversation with any of his other servants before. His guard didn't count for the prince thought of him as family of some sort. As for the truth, he had patients for somethings, but others not so much. He can't stand girly girls and those who whine at him got a taste of his not so pleasantness.

SeoJun nodded his head enthusiastically and said, "Exactly my thoughts. So you should come with me. It will allow you to get to know me better and vice versa." At that suggestion, the guard let out a spluttering noise causing his prince to look at him. "You can't be serious about that!" He hissed underneath his breath. "Having to watch your back is hard enough, but to watch her's as well?" SeoJun gave him a confused look as he countered, "Weren't you the one who said that I was perfectly capable of defending myself?" "Well... yes... but that's not the point." His guard stammered. "What's the point then?" SeoJun asked, a crease was forming on his forehead as he wrinkled his eyebrows together in confusion. "The point? The point... oh never mind. She can come if she wants." He finally conceded sulkily.

Still no other emotions from Eunchae in reaction to his flirting. He would need to keep on working on it then. As for the summoning from Yi, nodding his head SeoJun smiled and swept out of the room at Eunchae's agreement. The guard swiftly followed his prince while keeping an eye on the newcomer. He still didn't really trust her at all, thought it seems that his friend was already almost halfway there. The three of them walked into the courtyard where the great General was waiting for them with a wooden sword in hand. "Catch!" He barked throwing the sword towards SeoJun before rushing at him without giving the prince any breathing room.
Posted on: Feb 28 2018, 08:50 PM
Chae nodded. It was wise to preserve the harmless bits of truth, especially in case scenarios like these came up. She could have easily said it had been very long since she'd last played and had likely forgotten, but she could indeed deliver on the prince's wish. The less amount of excuses she had to give, the more credible she seemed. If she was being honest, getting her fingers on a gayageum again would probably be rather soothing for her. Hers sat back at the village, unused for quite some time while she was away on jobs. "Certainly, SeoJun, granted of course that you have a gayageum for me to play. It was not something I took along with me" The woman cocked her head. "Perhaps one day you might accompany me on the danso? Only if you wish" It was merely a suggestion, and not one that needed to be acted upon at any particular time. The guard throughout all of this was...interesting. It was hard to gauge what exactly was going through his mind, but clearly it was a lot.

Chae felt something heavy on her chest, able to relate to the prince's quest for perfection all too well. "No one ever truly reaches such a thing, but some may get very close" she said. "I don't doubt you're capable of being one of those people" Despite those words, Chae would not stop striving for better until she reached perfection; a perfection that even the other assassin could not match, which was why she'd be pushing herself until the day she died, no matter how young or old she happened to be when that day came. The Master would accept nothing less, and neither would she. It was something that weighed heavily on her on a daily basis. SeoJun explained why he was unbothered by the notion of a woman who could fight, and he chose some very specific words to get the point across. Chae had not brought love into this conversation, yet the prince injected it into his response nonetheless. So he only wished it of his romantic partner, then? "A noble notion to have. I hope for your sake that said love receives some form of training" She believed it was quite safe to assume he did not currently have a partner, especially not with the way he flirted with her. And yes, she had connected this with what he'd told her about learning a thing or two from watching him fight. It wasn't lost on her, but she wasn't to make anything of it, although she had to admit it would be all the harder now to sit still and pretty while he swung swords around.

"If I have things my way, then I never will. As I've said, I know well enough to avoid punishment when I can" she reminded him. Judging by his tone, though, she gauged that not much would happen to her if she scooped up a stray scroll and tossed it at him right about now. "Although, if servants have been throwing things at you, either they've had horrible aim and a very weak arm, or your face is awfully resilient. I can't say for the rest of you" she noted. It was true, the prince's face was without a single blemish. Throwing something heavy was bound to break a nose, or tossing something with corners or a pointed edge could definitely leave quite a scratch. If he'd been abused by servants in the past, then his face showed no signs of it.

Chae blinked when SeoJun suggested she accompany him on his outing. In her grand scheme, it didn't really change anything. Nighttime would be useful thinking periods, and if she couldn't spare a moment to consider tactics during the day, then she'd do it during the night. The outing, although she knew nothing of it, sounded pleasant to her, given how she'd likely spend the rest of her days enclosed within the palace. "That would be wonderful. But are you certain that's how you wish to spend your brief moment of freedom?" she asked. The guard had some immediate objections, not to her surprise. Eventually the prince won, as his title owed him. "I won't make myself a burden," she assured the guard before looking back at SeoJun. "I admit I've wondered at the nature of said outings. Surely you can't just set foot anywhere and have to be cautious, or do I underestimate your ability to have your way regardless what stands in your way?" she cocked a brow.

The three of them walked along, Chae silently following the movements of the men as she trailed behind. Having just arrived, she did not have much of a sense for the palace layout, although that would come quickly enough as the days went by. They came out to a large courtyard, where an older man awaited. He wasted no time in engaging the prince, and she swiftly side-stepped to remove herself from the scene before she was barrelled into. Linking her hands behind her back, she glanced at the guard before finding a suitable position on the fringes of the space, eyes sharply following the prince and his mentor. She expected a rather entertaining spectacle.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by the writer
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Changdeok Palace | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

<% theaffs %> Candyland CoutureNickPicHost
skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland. and templates by kris @ caution.