Add Reply
New Poll

Spare Some Change?, Tag: Won Minhyuk
Posted on: Feb 17 2018, 12:12 AM
Played by Kayo · 20 years · Male · Homosexual
Joon loved this bit. A sufficient amount of people had finally stopped, forming a loose kind of circle around his area of performance, either arrested by his loud outburst a moment ago to the puppet on his left hand, or curious at the fact that others had halted in their step to stare in one given direction. A performer was no performer if he had no audience, after all.

It was a sunny afternoon, perfect for being out and about on the streets. Joon was still adjusting to the new scene, having arrived a few days ago, and the time since then had mainly been spent setting up his tent and acquiring some food and basic supplies to sustain himself. He lived pretty much day to day, but had yet to actually starve or have to wander naked, and so it was good enough. Not that Joon hadn't technically done the latter before. Not in the streets, of course, even if he'd thought it might be pretty hilarious to see the reactions if he did take a sprint across the marketplace in his barest of physical states. Joon had been to Hanseong a few times before, but found that the crowds were always different every time he came, so there was always this period of gauging his audience.

With a loud wail, he barked back at his puppet, who'd just very rudely insulted his singing skills. The hand-crafted thing had seen better days, one eye missing, and straw poking out from its stomach and the side of his head. Joon thought the puppet was still pretty cute, even though it might give some young children nightmares. Pulling the puppet off his hand, he flung it hard at the ground with a huff. "Puppets know nothing" he announced. "And this one has clearly never heard the Mad Mockingbird sing" Making a show of clearing his throat and standing as tall as his small frame could manage, the performer exhaled and started the notes of a jovial tune. Very standard and not altogether unique, but perfect for spinning rhymes.

"But if I was to pay it mind,
And believe this poor old puppet's little spiel,
I fear I'd be in quite a bind,
For my songs could make even the king kneel.

And WHEEEEEENNNNNNN I say..."
Joon carried on his tune, skipping around the circle and accenting his verses with large arm movements. He wasn't a very graceful dancer, which actually worked in his favour given the comedic nature of his act. His eyes, meanwhile, scanned the crowd, trying to map his next unknowing volunteer for the next bit he had planned. To some degree, it would be spontaneous, but if he could narrow down a few individuals, then he would be able to make a nice and quick decision when he sprung this on the crowd without warning.

"Oh what a day,
What can I say?
She said "He touched the what?"
"Oh, he touched the butt"
Joon couldn't help the small giggle that escaped him here. He stopped in front of two women carrying baskets, giving a curt nod. "Yes, the butt," he asserted before setting off on a rampant skip again, entering the next verse of the improvised song.

Won Minhyuk

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Feb 17 2018, 08:55 AM
Played by Kayla · Twenty-Two years · Male · Homosexual
It truly was a nice afternoon. Too nice to be wasted selling good health tokens and lucky charms. He'd much rather be wading in the river or laying out in the grass, absorbing the warm sun. As he was closing down his booth, Minhyuk heard talk of an obnoxious street performer at the other end of the market. That peaked his interest. Street performer, eh? Hyuk grinned to himself. He had to check it out, he always missed them when they came.

Making his way down the well worn street, he noticed a small gathering of people and made his way to the front, hearing strange lyrics sung as he grew nearer. Something about butts? Isn't that a bit crude? He thought but a laugh had escaped his lips before he could stop it. People turned to stare at him. Even if he hadn't laughed, admittedly, Minhyuk stuck out like a sore thumb. He was taller than most of the people there and he was wearing his brightly colored temple attire. He couldn't hide even if he wanted to.
Posted on: Feb 18 2018, 12:20 AM
Joon could see a few people bobbing along to his tune despite being unaccompanied by any instrument. His words were simply sung in a very specific rhythm. Many gazed on in utter curiosity, and many had a look of disgust twisting their face, especially since the butt joke. Heh. He'd always gotten that kind of reaction anytime anything less than proper was mentioned. His time spent traveling to different areas and evidently living in the poorer areas of town had quickly educated him on the more crass side of humour. Joon wouldn't call it crass or vulgar... but perverse seemed to suit it and him just fine. It was all just in speech anyway. He didn't go around grabbing people inappropriately or anything like that. He'd already narrowly dodged getting arrested more times than he cared to count, and so he didn't need to have officers after him outside of the performance sphere too.

The stones were warm beneath the sun, and just nice beneath Joon's bare feet as he jumped around. The gravelled parts were a bit less pleasant of a sensation, but he'd walked on worse. Much worse. "And it was big, but not the biggest!" he ended with a hard flick of his wrist and a wide grin. One individual in the crowd even emitted a laugh. Ah, good to know Hanseong still had some good sports. Last time he'd been here, he'd managed a few laughers too. This one was damn bright too, clothing threatening to rival some of the birds he'd squawked at this morning. He shone like a beacon aflame, just begging to be noticed, and oh, Joon could be observant when he wanted to. What a delight it was when crowd members chose themselves and all he had to do was sit back and relax. Sauntering forward, he weaved through the crowd, whistling a cheery tune until he reached the man. A pretty one, he was. It was always a delight when he got the pretty ones, even if this one was freaking tall. "You" he said affirmatively before latching onto the stranger arm. He tugged him along, regardless if he struggled or not, although any man should be able to wriggle out of Joon's grasp should they be determined enough. Just looking at him, one could tell the performer wasn't exactly strong by any means.

Coming back to cleared circle, Joon let his catch of the day go, coming round to face him. Pretty balanced face, with some big ears to finish it off. Average nose, and some strong eyebrows. He gave him a once-over, hands propped on his hips, and tongue poking out in concentration. He'd get to the gag soon enough, but first... Joon stuck both of his hands into his pockets, rubbing his thumbs around against a small block in the cloth folds. "Everyone give our brave soul a round of applause!" he exclaimed, and a few people acted upon his instructions. He addressed the man in question now. "Could you be a darling and get down on your knees for me? Oh, and close your eyes. I always need to make sure my volunteers have an adequate face; the Mad Mockingbird doesn't accept anything less. I see potential, but I need to make sure, and I'm afraid I'd need to climb you like a tree to inspect it otherwise. So go on then" he said, giving a prompting jerk of his chin as he flashed the most innocent smile he could muster. He knew he had the undivided attention of many of the crowd members now. That tended to be the case when he got one of their own involved in his antics. He was getting a pretty good idea of what he'd do now. Nothing too harmful, nothing too permanent. And this little prep was a good way to get things rolling. Now to see if the brightly-dressed stranger would comply.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Feb 18 2018, 03:24 AM
When the performer said 'you', he wasn't at all sure he was talking to him, but as he was dragged away (he didn't really try that hard to get away either) towards the center of the circle, there was no denying it. Once there, he realized he was surrounded by people he recognized and many he didn't. Faces. There were so many faces, all looking at him. Hyuk wasn't sure he really liked it. It made him nervous for sure, but the shorter fellow that dragged him there...something about the way he was looking at him made him feel a bit at ease. Maybe it was the cute, concentrated expression on his face, or the way he held his hands at his waist. Minhyuk found himself staring actually. It wasn't till he heard the small bout of applause that he remembered where he was and blinked. Listening to the Mad Mockingbird's instruction, he felt flustered. "Kn—knees?" What exactly was he planning to do anyway? A member of the crowd that seemed interested in the performance yelled, "What are waiting for?" adding to the pressure of the situation. Against his better judgement, Hyuk knelt down and exhaled, trying to prepare himself for whatever the man had planned, his eyes fluttering closed soon after.
Posted on: Feb 18 2018, 08:01 PM
A smile split Joon's face in delight when the man got down and his knees and closed his eyes without questioning it too much. He clapped his hands excitedly. "We've got an easy one" he giggled. Some would question his intentions or outright refuse, uncomfortable with putting so much trust in a stranger, especially one who was known for being mischievous. Maybe this one was naive, and maybe some would think him stupid, but to Joon, he was the absolute perfect volunteer. He supposed he didn't look too threatening, small and puppyish, but that could easily be countered by the stunts he regularly pulled and the pretty permanent glint in his eye. This man might come to regret his decision, but it was a bit too late for that now. Heh.

"Alright, so let's see..." Pulling his hands out of his pockets, Joon's thumbs were stained a dark black. With his right index finger, he caught the stranger's chin and tilted his head back so he had full access to his face. He didn't get to look down at people very often, so he had to admit that felt pretty great too. His two palms came to rest on the man's cheeks, lightly pressing before moving up to his cheekbones. "Mm, strong face structure" He poked one of the bones with his pinky, emitting another light giggle. "Probably couldn't cut myself on them, but they're strong. I'll give you that." His palms now rested on his temples, and his thumbs came down on his glabella, sweeping outward along his eyebrows and leaving a black trail in their wake. Joon had to bite on his lip not to give himself away. "Sharp eyebrows. Nice and thick too." Even thicker now that he'd drawn over them. An index traced down his nose. "Cute lil nose, although not as cute and lil as mine..." He booped it lightly with his thumb, successfully leaving a mark. He now cupped the man's jaw. "Nice cupid's bow too" he noted, swiping both thumbs outward on his upper lip to grant him a pretty fabulous moustache. His fingers quickly tickled at the underside of the volunteer's jaw before removing themselves from him. He moved aside now so the crowd could actually see him, and the reaction was instant. Wouldn't you know it, some people were laughing, and it was actually more than a few. "Yes, I think you'll do" The poor guy would have this stuff unknowingly stuck to his face until he washed himself or someone was daring enough to point it out to him.

Joon strode over to his basket sitting on the side and wiped his thumbs off on an old bit of cloth inside. "You can open your eyes now, but stay in your position, alright? You've been a very good participant so far. To reward you, what if I told you you actually had money hiding behind your ears? I know the secret to digging it out." He returned to stand before his volunteer, smiling sweetly as though he hadn't just given him a horrid makeover. "It'll require you to think really hard, though, okay? Think about the infinite riches you might want. Every last coin of it. Feel a tingling in your ears yet? Keep focusing" Joon instructed, looking the stranger in the eyes. He himself looked focused, as though this was requiring a lot of effort on his part.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 01:54 AM
Hyuk wasn't sure he liked being called 'easy', but literally it was too late to back out now. He wasn't a typically a scaredy cat, okay actually that's a lie: lots of things scare him, like snakes and spiders and stormy nights alone but this was making him uneasy. Just what was this guy gonna do? Surely he wasn't just gonna do anything crazy like steal his money while his eyes were closed or something right? Half the market patrons were watching.

Is he starting? He felt a hand grab his chin, and a slight tilt backwards. Oh. As the performer's hands clasped at his cheeks, Minhyuk wondered if he felt the heat in them. The urge to open his eyes was unbearable especially as the younger man made little comments on his facial features. Soon the hands slid up and were replaced primarily by fingers, tracing across his eyebrows and then down to his jaw, and glided across the area above his upper lip. It felt strange and soft and if anything, it didn't seem like anything was really happening other than the man touching his face. He couldn't really focus on the words being said, he was putting his energy into figuring out what the guy was up to.

The boop surprised him though. He let out a small noise. What? People were laughing. "What's happening?" "Yes, I think you'll do." "Huh?" He was confused. Just what had they been doing this whole time? Had he just been inspecting him? He had no idea that he black stuff all over his face.

Doing as he was told, Minhyuk opened his eyes and didn't move from the spot he was kneeling at, simply adjusted them for more comfort. His knees were starting to hurt a bit. His eyebrows knit together at the thing about money behind his ears. "Really?" He was skeptical. Mentally, he shrugged before returning the man's gaze. Money would be nice... Money was his ticket out of here, out of Hanseong, and that's what he wanted most of all. A life of adventure.
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 11:22 AM
Joon could do some pretty outrageous stuff if it so happened to cross his mind, but he wasn't a criminal, even if the rest of the world deemed him so. He did not steal from his audience nor did he cause them any intentional physical harm. He hardly had it in him to hunt animals in the woods, which was why he didn't eat much on some days. He used whatever coin he made here to get small bits of food and otherwise tried to scavenge freebies. He wasn't just skin over bones, so although he was far from being overweight, he wasn't living in famine or anything. He had a small appetite anyhow.

The laughter was still going, although for some it had begun to subside. Joon loved the sound, knowing he was doing his job right. Happy crowds tended to dish out more money. Regardless how his crowd was feeling, though, the show would go on until he'd finished. Or until a guard burst in to ruin his fun. One of the two. Preferably the former. The kneeling man's confused little noises were rather endearing, making it very hard for the performer not to giggle. Poor thing. As confused as he was, he sure was good at following orders. Surely he was a favourite of whoever he worked for.

At the stranger's skepticism, Joon grinned. "Mhm. I know many handy tricks, and this is one of them. I'm sure you've got a lot of money hiding back there, nice big ears like that" Cute and floppy like wings. Very tempting to bite. He lifted both hands, suspended in the air a moment, before his right hand came forward to reach behind his ear. He poked around the piece of cartilage before giving an 'ah' and retracting his hand with a coin wedged between his fingers. "That's one. Now let's see about the other ear" His left hand now came forward. "I knew I was right" he said, pulling a second coin. If people knew how he did the trick they'd surely be much less impressed by it, but Joon had no intention of divulging his secrets anytime soon. Being thought to be able to perform some sort of magic was about as cool as he was going to get in the public eye.

Joon leaned in under the pretense of making sure he hadn't missed any hidden coins, turning his head to quickly peck the part of the man's cheek that was still fleshy-coloured. "You've been a real darling" he said as he backed away, throwing the man a wink before turning to the crowd. "One last round of applause for our brave volunteer!" He motioned for the man to stand, no longer needed, and handed him the two coins. Not the greatest sum, but many would argue than some money was better than no money.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Mar 10 2018, 01:40 PM
Was that a compliment? It sure sounded like one. A giggle left him. "You think so?" He had never found money there before! (And who would have stuck it there?) He would really be surprised a few pieces of iron were hidden there. Hyuk was like a kid trying a bit of taffy for the first time, all excited. Feeling the younger man touch an ear, it didn't seem like a coin would be found there, but at his 'ah' Minhyuk's eyes widened a bit and made a small 'o' with his mouth. The man nudged at his other ear. Two coins! How?! There were two muted gray coins in his palm. Was this the fabled magic that many had spoken of?

As the man leaned in, he felt heat rise to his face. They were so close. Taking in the sight before him, Hyuk was caught off guard by the soft lips that met his cheek. It reminded him of the soft caress of a flower petal in the spring. "You've been a real darling" Those words repeated in his head. He had never been called that before.

A sheepish grin fell idly upon his face as he caught the flirty gesture sent his way. Oh right, he had volunteered for something. It hadn't really seemed like much, a few touches here & there and then had some coins removed from behind his ears.. He had actually forgotten the crowd was there for a moment until the performer had reminded him. He got to his feet, his knees happy to no longer be pressed against the rocky market ground, and took the money gingerly in his hands. "Uhh, t-thanks," the lanky temple worker murmured quietly. It seemed his part was done. He silently wondered if now was the appropriate time to leave, or if there was more to this show.
Posted on: Mar 11 2018, 10:11 PM
Joon only smiled at the other man's question. He'd take a wild stab in the dark and say people didn't comment on his ears often. Or comment on him at all. A shame, that would be, even if that left the door open for a lot of nasty stuff. Joon's whole career was based on word of mouth, and with that came a lot of consequences that he didn't like, but he dealt with it, because this was how he got by. He liked the attention when it was positive. People smiling, laughing, tossing coins, and perhaps even complimenting him if they felt so inclined. Feeding off the crowd was one of the easiest to run his show. This was perhaps ironic, given how often he made fun of the royal family, and literally anyone who would make for good material. Joon was capable of taking jest, though. Some said some pretty gnarly and utterly humorous things. But words were words. He could handle that. The less fun bits were getting chased down by officials, and the occasion evening when a peeved man or two would come picking a fight with him. Joon was rubbish at fighting, and he really didn't like that kind of confrontation, even if he always tried verbally worming his way out of it....which usually only aggravated the situation, as one particular official would know.

Joon hoped this lad led a decent life. Unplagued by all this other stuff he himself dealt with. He was terribly shy, he noticed, and so he probably kept to himself. A boring life perhaps, but at least he was probably safe. Seemed to suit the personality. Although it should be noted that a lot of people crawled into their shells when put on the spot like this in front of a crowd. Speaking of the crowd, Joon observed the lot of them, gauging the reaction. Mainly positive, if facial expressions were anything to go by. He noticed a few extra coins lying on the ground, and spotted one flying just past him, landing on the ground a few feet back. That brought a smile to his face. He looked at the money and thought he'd probably manage to get himself a bun for dinner. He hadn't had one of those in a while. A few more coins were tossed, and Joon was starting to think he ought to pull up this gentlemen more often if the crowds liked him so much. He hadn't made this much since having left his last stop on the never-ending tour that was his life.

Joon noticed the stranger was still up here, not having made any move to disappear into the crowd. He chuckled lightly to himself, but decided against dismissing him. He'd made enough money to feed himself, so he could wrap things up for today. The man did a twirl and pulled his signature move, bowing low with his legs crossed, forehead nearly bumping his shins. The crowd – the regulars anyway, and the others followed – began to disperse then. Joon's bare feet scrambled along the ground, steering him from coin to coin so he could bend down and collect them in his left palm. He went around like that, like a hungry pigeon, before weighing his total findings in his hands. He couldn't really count the coins he had off the top of his head, but he knew this was plenty. He wiggled in excitement.

"Can I help you?" he asked the other man, who was still standing there, unable to help himself from giggling upon seeing his masterpiece again. "Only fair to return the favour, considering how much of a help you've been today. The crowd really loves you. Surely you must be awfully popular 'round here" He grinned down at his hand as he gave his coins another satisfying jingle. "That's it for the show now, though. But it's just that good that you stick around hoping for more? I'm flattered, truly. But sorry, I don't give private shows. Well, unless you ask really nicely and gift me a really pretty horse. Then I might not be such a.... neighsayer about it" Joon giggled at the end of his long ramble. His mouth fired at a mile a minute, yet he never really did lose his breath. That could only be achieved by making him run long distances. Man, running was annoying. Looking back down at his palm, he moved his coins aside with his index finger, face screwing up in focus as he tried to count the small pieces of metal.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 03:59 AM
Curiously watching the fellow bow and then collect his well earned dough, Minhyuk bit back a giggle; the way he was picking it up was way too humorous. It wasn't long till the younger man was done and had found him staring at him. His corners of his mouth upturned into a lopsided grin. "Uhh.." How was he supposed to answer that? What did he want? Hyuk wasn't sure. Luckily that man didn't wait long before speaking again. Me, popular? That had to be the biggest joke. More like most popular person to ignore. People only spoke to him if they got lost on the way into town, or needed him to watch their children while they visited the temple, or if they were buying talismans at his stall. Because he was so quiet, people thought maybe there was something wrong with him. He just didn't talk much, that's all.

Minhyuk let out an unintelligible noise at street performer's joke, and then clasped his hands over his mouth, embarrassed at himself for making such a sound. After a moment or two, he removed his hands from his face and put them down at his sides, fidgeting with the fabric of his temple garments. "I don't have a horse, but I can offer you room and board at the temple. I would really like to see more of your tricks..." Hyuk replied thoughtfully.
Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 02:34 PM
Joon knew trying to count them was a lost cause right now. His coins could wait; they weren't going anywhere, so he shoved them into the folds of his ratty pants, weighing comfortably against his thigh. If he actually made a decent living, it would be tempting to hire the man to drop by his shows every day for extra profit, but he didn't have the coin in the first place. What Joon ran was not a business—far from it. It was merely a one-man-show. A means of survival for a nomadic spirit such as himself. It had never involved anyone else save for back in the day when he'd come up with skits with his friends, before it became his sole source of income. He'd just consider himself lucky today with his volunteers and take the next day as it came. That's all he really could do.

His joke did indeed land with the stranger, but it was questionable if he was choking on his own spit from the sheer hilarity of it, or if he had suddenly swallowed a fly. The lad was okay, though, and just kind of fidgeted around. Everything he did seemed very noncommittal. Tentative and unsure. Not something that had ever really been Joon's problem. He wouldn't be a street performer if it was. The stranger explained he did not in fact have a horse—which was a shame, really—but that he could offer shelter. A roof. Now that was something Joon hadn't slept beneath in what felt like years. "The temple down there?" His arm pointed down the street. "That's yours? Well, that's very kind of you, but I'm afraid I can't be leaving my tent more than I already do. I already run heavy risks when I depart for the day. If you could help me move it and my belongings to your temple, then I may be tempted to take you up on your offer and reward you kindly with these tricks you speak of" he stated before bending down to scoop his basket into his arms. "Although if you wish to see a trick of mine, you need only look into a body of water" he added mysteriously with a quirk of his lips. After drawing the blanket over the whole basket, he turned and set off down the path. "It's not terribly far from here, my tent" he said vaguely, putting a little extra swing into his hips. He glanced over his shoulder before carrying on, letting the stranger decide his fate for himself.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
Posted on: Jun 9 2018, 01:02 AM
He nodded and looked at the male earnestly. Hyuk opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again, seeing no place to cut in.

His brow furrowed and tilted his head curiously as a puzzled expression appeared on Minhyuk's visage. "W-water?" he whispered to himself distractedly, wondering on Earth the man could possibly have meant. Realizing the male had gone ahead without him, he blinked. His eyes strayed to the Mad Mockingbird's figure a moment before he scrambled down the footpath after him, trying to catch up.

Once they were of even footing, Hyuk smiled and said, "I'm Minhyuk by the way.."
Posted on: Jun 9 2018, 03:59 PM
Joon could only smirk to himself at the man's quiet repetition. Yes, water. He'd see soon enough if he chose to follow along. In truth, the performer had never brought anyone back to his tent. A bit surprising, as he'd eyed a fair pretty strangers before, but most were not exactly thrilled with having no shelter. A bit hypocritical, given how many had no issue going for a quick and rather risky go at it in the oddest of places. And these things were usually one-sided. Not many felt that kind of attraction to an immature jobless and homeless individual that had baby face. There wasn't exactly much to show at his tent anyway, regardless of intentions. It was a scrappy cloth draped over some shoots. Showing people his tent also meant they knew its location, opening him to more robbery than he already was. If this man was plotting to rob him blind, he was doing a mighty fine job of masking it.

Joon didn't even try to not look pleased with himself as the other caught up to him, seemingly all in. He turned his head over. "I'm sure you know me to be the Mad Mockingbird. A bit of a mouthful, though. The name's Joon." Shifting his basket in his arms, he kept a sharp eye out for guards, as had become his customary routine. He didn't feel like jumping into any more barrels of grains. Although, this lad was tall enough that he could probably hide behind him just fine.

The walk was a short one, the edge of the woods looming within a few minutes. He looked over at Minhyuk, quirking a brow before pushing past some bushes and trudging into the wilderness. "Just a bit further now, Minhyukkie," he said casually. If he put his tent any farther, he'd get lost every time he returned. Up a hill and around some prickly-looking vegetation, the terrain flattened out to the hanging cloth by the edge of a pond. Water was always important; a man needed to wash every now and then. "Welcome to my humble abode. Make yourself at home, grab a seat if you wish. There's water too, in case you'd like to gaze into it," he added coyly before bending down and pushing past the two bits of cloth and into the makeshift tent. Things jingled and jangled as he moved his things around the small space.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by me!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hanseong | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

<% theaffs %> Candyland CoutureNickPicHost
skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland. and templates by kris @ caution.