Add Reply
New Poll

Taking a Break, Tag Lei Xiang
Posted on: Feb 15 2018, 10:26 AM
Played by Monii · Twenty-Five years · Male · Hetero
The World Never Shone So Brightly Until Now
A slow wind blew through YaLun's hair as he walked slowly down a beaten path. He was alone for now, so he hadn't need to worry about getting attacked or anything. Going on patrol was one of the many things he loved to do. As a Colonel, he didn't have much time to do these things as simple as patrols. He had to lead people into battle and keep them in line all the time. These breaks were rare and he wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.

Sitting astride his horse, YaLun looked around him. There was nothing insight beside lush vegetation and occasional herds of animal roaming freely around. Since Taekseungnido was an island, it wasn't easy to leave it any time soon, especially if the tides were high that day. Pulling out a small wooden flute, he started to play a soft melody to ease this bout of solitude.

Lei Xiang
Posted on: Feb 16 2018, 10:56 AM
Played by Kayla · Twenty-Three years · Female · Pansexual
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Xiang had many goods to sell and trade on Taekseungnido. She had come by boat to the small island a few days prior, along with her brother. Being overly cautious, he opted they stay on the outskirts of the village they were visiting and make their camp there. She had agreed. It was better to be wary than overly trusting. They had only traded here once before so they didn't know the land or it's people all that well.

Xue Xia had gone to fetch more wood, when she thought she heard something that resembled music drift through the trees with the wind. Dropping the wood she had collected on the ground, she curiously wandered off in search of the euphony's origin. Normally, this was something she wouldn't do, but there was something about the tune that lured her in like a siren.
Posted on: Feb 16 2018, 11:11 AM
As Lun continued to play his music, allowing the soft melody to swell in the air, he felt his horse starting to fidget. He ignored him, hoping it was just due to boredom and not anything else, thought he did raise his guard just a little. Just as the music reached it apex, the young man suddenly stopped playing when he heard foot steps coming towards him.

Sliding his flute back down his sleeves, Lun pulled his favorite bow off his back and placed an arrow upon it in a well practiced manner. He pointed it towards the direction in which he had heard the noise and called out, "Who is there? Come on out to where I can see you." His eyes narrowed dangerously as he stared hard into the trees.

Lei Xiang
Posted on: Feb 17 2018, 10:42 AM
Walking through the brush, the song seemed to grow louder. She was getting close to the source when it suddenly stopped. Then there was a voice telling her to come out of the trees. Xue Xia grabbed the hilt of her curved blade and stood silently a moment before deciding it better to listen to the voice. Weaving through another bout of trees and foliage, she found herself on the worn path, and she wasn't alone.

Xiang's gaze went directly to the man's drawn bow. "Are you the one making that racket?" she murmured teasingly, "You have to don't stop on my account..I was just passing through.."
Posted on: Feb 17 2018, 11:22 AM
Lun's bow didn't waver as he saw a young woman come out from the forest. His instincts told him that even though it was a woman, she was carrying a blade herself and was not to be trusted. He moved his bow slightly downwards as she spoke to him. He frowned at her words. "Racket, miss?" He said coolly, "For your information, I was playing music." He didn't like the young woman's teasing... if she was even teasing him.

The second piece of information perked up his interest. "Passing through. Where did you come from? Are there more of you?" He asked with his bow still raised. Lun wanted more information to make a better decision to whether or not to lower his bow. Currently the woman was just talking, but she could perhaps at any moment throw her curved blade at him.

Lei Xiang
Posted on: Feb 18 2018, 02:38 AM
She chuckled at him, the corners of her lips turning upwards at being called 'miss' whilst being aimed at. Twas an strange thing to be acknowledged as a lady and yet still be a threat. He was a smart man. Xiang took her hand off the hilt of her weapon and stepped forward. "And lovely melody it was indeed, but it disturbed the music of nature to which I was listening so fondly," she teased once more.

So serious. What is he, a general or something? "How can there be more of me? I am but one person. If you are inquiring whether someone has accompanied me here, there is only one person, three hundred paces to the west: we are camped there at the edge of the village," Xue Xia answered truthfully and snarkily.
Posted on: Feb 18 2018, 02:35 PM
Lun's eyes narrowed even more when the woman continued to talk to him about his music. In the same breath he listened to her say that his melody was lovely yet it disturbed the music of nature. He didn't know if she was praising him nor insulting him. Humph, so woman she was. "Are you praising or insulting me?" He couldn't help but ask.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Lun lowered his bow completely, since she had let go of her blade. "My apologies miss, for not being clear. But you are smart to understand." He rarely praise people and he felt like doing so at the moment. He then cocked his head to the side before nodding it. "What business do you two have here at Taekseungido?" He had decided to trust the woman to an extent.

Lei Xiang
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 06:01 AM
The guy seemed like such a stick in the mud— no fun at all, all work and no play. It was just a bit of fun, messing with his head. The small smile on her lips turned into a cheeky grin as the man seemed more and more confused. She nearly let out a laugh. "Hmm....I was praising you...in my own way. But what if I had been insulting you? What then?" Xiang challenged.

Seeing him lower his bow, she raised an eyebrow before bowing her head in response to his compliment. "Selling and trading goods, we're merchants from the Ming Empire. And might I ask about you, sir?"
Posted on: Feb 23 2018, 11:02 AM
Oh bother... Lun mutedly sighed to himself as he listened to the woman's words. He thought it over before saying, "There is many ways to answer that, miss. Where I come from, people can be severely punished for insulting other, especially people who are in higher ranks. But since you did first mention that you were praising me, I'll let it go."

Merchants? Lun had originally thought that no one seemed to be about at this time. Looks like he was wrong. "Merchants? That is a good trade to be in." He commented, "Since you asked, I am in the military. Colonel Yang YaLun at your service." He gave her a half bow from atop of his horse. He hadn't want to use his title to pull ranks, but she did ask.
Posted on: Feb 28 2018, 04:32 AM
"How kind of you," she murmured, mostly to herself.

She bowed her head again in thanks. It was indeed. Hearing him say he was military she smiled once more. So I wasn't that off then.. "Nice to make your acquaintance, Colonel Yang. You may call me Xue Xia." Looking down from the man to his horse, Xiang felt the compulsion to pet it. She had never seen one so regal looking. "What's it's name?"

MONII
Posted on: Feb 28 2018, 10:57 AM
Here we go again. Lun thought grumpily to himself, but held back on any more snark. Instead he asked in a slightly amused tone, "Are you mocking me again, miss?"

Lun acknowledged the woman's introduction with a nod os his head and another half smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you Xue Xia." He watched her eyes go down to the horse he was on top of. He clicked his tongue at his horse to make him trot forwards a few more paces till he was directly in front of him. "His name is Dal. You may stroke him if you wish."
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Taekseungnido | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

<% theaffs %> Candyland CoutureNickPicHost
skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland. and templates by kris @ caution.